Hi everyone
I've started experimenting again with a master board, this time using Butler (as I can't justify the crazy pricing of Unito top end).
Currently each project ifhas its own board with Inbox > Next > Doing > Waiting etc. My aim is as follows:
- when I move any card into Doing (in any project board), I'd like it to appear in the master board's Doing list
- when I move one of those cards from Doing to another list (in the project board), eg Waiting, I want the card to be move from the master board's Doing list to the master board's Waiting list.
- and so on for all other project board lists
But when I do this, it seems I can only use the master board to look at the lists because if I move cards around then those changes are not reflected back in the respective project boards ... and if I add comments etc in the master board cards then they don't show up in the original card on its project board.
So I have to kind of click through from the master board to each project board and make my edits/moves there to keep things kind of sync'd.
Here are a couple of rules I'm using:
when a card is added to the board, copy the card to the top of list "Backlog [Inbox]" on board "Master" and link the cards together
when a card is moved into list "Next", find the first card linked in the attachments, and move the card to the top of list "Next" on board "Master"
when a card is moved into list "Doing", find the first card linked in the attachments, and move the card to the top of list "Doing Today" on board "Master"
I'm thinking there must be a better way of managing cards from the master board? Am I doing something wrong?
FTR, I've tried other copy rules but they end up creating multiples of cards on the master board each time they're moved.
Any help appreciated.
Thanks
PS changes to labels, custom fields, dates also don't sync between project board and master board - I have to click on the linked card within the card to see that kind of info. Clunky.