Hello,
We have a custom field "CloseDate" I would like to get the date in this CloseDarte filed when we are closing any tickets. I know we need to add this custom field to a workflow using post-function. I would like to know who can we add this to the workflow. I am using JIRA 7.4.4 Datacenter version. Please help me to achieve this.
Hi @Lokesh Gowda
Welcome to the community.
Jira has already a field called Resolved. When you set the resolution on your issue the date is saved in this field.
Thanks,
The Management teams are asking the data need to be in CloseData only, Due to this, I am looking around it. Is there a way we can get this data to CloseData custom field
Hi Mohamed,
Please suggest how to achieve this.
You can't do it automatically using postfunction. You will need an addon like Automation or Scriptrunner.
HI Mohamed,
Can I use Mygroovy plugin and write a groovy script to copy the Resolved to a custom field on post function. If yes can you help me with a groovy script?
Hi,
You can look at these page:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Scriptrunner-copy-field-value-to-another-cf/qaq-p/797089
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Core-questions/Copy-Custom-field-value-from-one-field-to-another/qaq-p/73207
I have added the groovy and getting the Close date but its showing as "2 days ago", "1 days ago" and 1 minute ago its not give the data. Please find the Groovy script and the custom field value.
import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessorimport java.sql.Timestampdef customFieldManager = ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager()def dateCf = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObject("customfield_10104") // Date time fields require a Timestampissue.setCustomFieldValue(dateCf, new Timestamp((new Date()).time))
Can you please help me to solve this issue.
Can you please help me on this.
Hi Lokesh,
Sorry but i'm not using this plugin and i don't know groovy. Can you open a new question on the community you might find better help than me
Thanks
I think this article might help you with code. I did not test though.
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-do-I-set-a-custom-field-with-the-current-date-time-in-a-post/qaq-p/143415
Sanjana
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.