How can you use a unique email addresses to send in items to each list on 1 board?
@[deleted]no but you can send cards into the board using its email address, then use a Butler rule to separate cards into lists based on, for example, label which you can create by including a # in the email subject.
Just to add to @Iain Dooley's answer, you can also add emails to individual cards (for example when you have a card that contains all information and communication with a customer for example), by opening the individual card, clicking on 'share' and copying and pasting the email address:
Any email you forward into this card will appear as a comment in the 'Activity' section at the bottom.
Hope that's helpful
Esme
Thanks, Iain. Been playing around here for a couple of nights.
If Butler could read the "To" field of the email address, I could add the appropriate Label in the subject line. Then again, if Butler could read the To field, I probably wouldn't need to create a Label in Subject. Any thoughts???
I've tried creating a Rule in Outlook on the server to do read the To Field and add the appropriate label to the Subject line but Outlook doesn't seem to be able to do that.
Any thoughts would be appreciated. THANKS again. Glenn
@[deleted]if you're using Office365 you might be able to configure Zapier to automatically import emails that you add to a given folder, into a specific list. Failing that you can also use the Trello plugin for Outlook to add cards to Trello.
Thanks.
I have created Rules on the Outlook Exchg server to separate different emails addresses into their own folder. Then I fwd the email onto Trello. But I need the cards to go into a specific list according to its email address, not the same list each time.
Challenge with Office 365 is that it is client based and Rules only run when client is running.
Thanks for the feedback. I am trying to figure out how to read the email address on the info sent to each card and then forward it to a specific list based on a specific identifier in that email address.
Example:
support@Esme goes to one list on a board
marketing@Esme goes to another list on that same board
Thanks, Esme!
Glenn
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.