Hi there....I recently upgraded to Business Class and I have 6 boards that I use for my team...my goal is to create cards and have those cards added to the other board for the person who is responsible for the task and when they update that card it comes back to my card as well but I can't figure that out...help
Hi @Mark_Salonius
Welcome to the Community!
The only option that I know of that can do a true mirror of cards across boards, is the card mirroring PowerUp, however I believe that this might be a paid PowerUp.
You can achieve something similar with Butler, however there are two options in Butler; you can either move the card to the relevant board, or you can create a copy of the card and link them together.
However, the problem with moving the card to the relevant board is that it disappears from the original board, so if you wanted to keep an eye on which cards are 'assigned' to them, this wouldn't work because the card would only appear on the second board. Of course, if this wasn't a problem, you could move the card into their board then when they'd finished the task/card, they would be able to move it back into the original board. This could be done with a Butler rule as well, so it would move back across when specific conditions on the card are met (like the due date is complete, or all the checklist items are complete).
The second problem - with linking 2 cards on separate boards - is that changes aren't synced across each card - so if you tick off a checklist item on the card in board B, the checklist item in board A will remain unchecked. There are ways around this with creative Butler rules, but these will take up a LOT of your Butler allocation and they might not end up being worth it in the long run.
There is also the possibility that rather than each staff member having their own board, they have their own list and each card in the list is assigned to them, so that you can see what they're doing all the time and everything is in one list and there wouldn't be the need for mirroring and linking cards. There are other ways that this can be achieved, with a linked checklist for example.
If you could go through step by step (possibly numbered) to explain exactly how you want the sequence to work, we should be able to help with Butler rules etc. unless you're going with the card mirroring PowerUp, then please let us know that too!
Esme
Hi Esme,
Thanks...My goal is to have one Team board but the team has their own tasks...I only want them to see their tasks...right now I have a Team board where I put lists...I assign one of my guys to a card on the list but not to another card but they can see both cards...how do I set it up where they have their own list controlled centrally by me so I can assign them things and they can update the card appropriately?
Unfortunately, there's currently no way to make lists within a board viewable to specific people (if only, that would be amazing!!).
If you didn't want them to see anyone else's cards, then you're right you would have to have separate boards for each person that only you and they were a part of.
So that would be a case of creating a Butler rule (if that's your thing) that when you assign a specific person to the card, it would move that card into their board (which you'd still be able to see if you're a member of that board). But then you'd have to keep an eye on your board as well as all the individual team members boards as well.
Then another rule as to when it's finished, it'll move it back into their list within the master board (your board) but you would have to set the rule to remove them as well otherwise they'd all be added to the master board. So you would be able to have them come back to your board when they were done (or another criterion you set), and the team member would no longer be able to see them.
You might be able to accomplish what you want with Unito Card Mirror, however I don't have enough experience with that to be able to tell you I'm afraid.
If you want me to go through how to set up Butler rules to move them from your master board into the individual board and then how to remove them again and move them back, let me know and I can go through it step by step with you!
Yes I would love to try and see if that will work
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.