Congrats to the Trello team on the Advanced Checklists feature graduating from beta!
I've noticed the following behaviors:
- The web app allows a due date to be set but not a time. I was assuming this was just by design but...
- ...the mobile app (2020.6.13883-candidate) does allow a due date and time to be set. Only the date in displayed in the checklist itself, but in the editing pop-up, there is a time input field and it does persist the data.
- And, the due time does, in fact, seem to be stored with the card data (e.g. exporting the JSON for a card shows the time is stored with the date).
- While the web app does not allow a due time to be set (there is no UI for it in the date pop-up), if a time has been set, e.g. from the mobile app, the web app does adjust the color (like card due dates) where red = past, yellow = today/soon, and gray = future. So, while you can't see the time, there is at least some visual presentation support for checklist item due times in the web app.
- The REST API does accept a due date for checklist items, though not documented. I haven't had a chance to see if would accept a time and persist it, but I'm guessing it would?
Is anyone on the Trello team able to provide any additional information at this point on any of these? Will the web app be getting the ability to set the due time on checklist items?
Thanks!