Atlassian release six new team playbooks about embracing remote teamwork.
After reviewing the new playbooks we decided to do the 4Ls retrospective as part of our review process to change things up. Doing this prior to completing our reviews this month provided different insights that team members were able to use in their reviews with their supervisor. It was a beneficial activity that we are looking at implementing on each review.
Share how your teams are using the new team playbooks and the benefits they have had using them.
We're an Agile shop, so our Daily stand-ups transitioned pretty easily and we try to embrace remote. We'd be lost without Jira and Confluence right now!
I'm excited to check out some of the other playbook options and see if we can find anything to help us work better. This remote option has already lasted longer than anyone thought.
Thanks for posting @Brant Schroeder
HUGE fan of the Playbook content. We especially appreciate the Allthethings Prioritization Matrix. We've been using it to help prioritize video development projects. Has anyone figured out a way to execute this remotely? We're coming up on our planning season and want to leverage the method again.
I've recommended - and continue to recommend - Atlassian's Team Playbooks to anyone needing a starting point on dealing with various business challenges. Why reinvent the wheel?
In addition to Atlassian's suggestions on how to conduct retrospectives, there are tons of retro templates online. It's most important that teams conduct retrospectives, than how they do so.
I have found "4Ls Retrospective" to be really helpful.
@Deepanshu Natani - Oh wow, I haven't conducted a 4Ls retro in years! Good suggestion. I love (the 5th "L") that this retro states "Lacked" instead of "Bad", which tends to push teams to suggest improvements instead of complaints.
@Dave LIAODo share your experience
Sure!
I prefer retrospective formats that encourage positive, constructive feedback, like the 4Ls. Certain retro formats are more open, which is appropriate when there's no limit to ideas that can be presented AND if a team is very comfortable with each other. 😄
@Dave LIAO is there a Retro template you really like out there?
@Becky Rubenstein - I don't have any personal favorites.
Like I mentioned to Deepanshu below, I prefer retrospective formats that encourage an improvement mindset, instead of griping. 😅
We ended up using Boords to do this remotely. While we didn't have the x and y coordinates, we remembered that from last year, and kept it in mind as we plotted our cards.
@Maggie Soldano - Never heard of Boords; looks cool.
For anyone else with the same challenge, tools like Lucidspark or MURAL also help facilitate group planning sessions remotely.
Thanks! I will check those playbooks.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.