Hi,
I have been using sourcetree (version 3.3.8) with a github repository and git (version 2.26).
Till now, I have used basic authentication (Tools-> Authentication, Hosting service: github, Host URL: https://www.github,com, Preferred protocol: HTTPS, Authentication: Basic) ) and
it has worked just fine.
I would like to move to OAuth Authentication, because Github has sent out the following
notice https://developer.github.com/changes/2020-02-14-deprecating-password-auth/.
When I do change to OAuth and press "refresh OAuth Token", a new brower tab opens up
with an empty page and it says "Authentication OK" in sourcetree.
However, if I try to pull or push something, it says
remote: Repository not found.
fatal: repository ' ... ' not found
I have made sure that I was logged in into github in an open browser tab before pressing the "refresh OAuth Token" , but that did not make a difference.
In my github account, I do see sourcetree listed under settings->Applications->Authorized OAuth Apps.
If anybody has any pointers on how to resolve this, I would very much appreciate it.
Thanks,
Ivo