All of a sudden, Sourcetree stopped enforcing husky git hooks to lint commit messages. Trying to commit an invalid message using the GUI behaves as if "Bypass commit hooks" is selected, but it is not.
I'm not sure if this happened because of an update to Sourcetree, I write valid commit messages from muscle memory, but over the last few weeks, I've seen invalid commits getting added by other developers. And, I've just now had time to look into it.
Using the command line works as expected.
git commit -m "foo: this should fail"
The above command will fail; however, typing the same commit into Sourcetree GUI succeeds.
Looking at the command history in Sourcetree, it shows that it's skipping the hook, but I don't understand why, this started happening out of the blue.
git --no-optional-locks -c color.branch=false -c color.diff=false -c color.status=false -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false -c credential.helper=sourcetree commit -q -F /var/folders/pg/h0p352h12y12b__wd59m9zhr0000gn/T/SourceTreeTemp.PgpJDA
Can't find npx in PATH: /usr/local/git/libexec/git-core:/Applications/SourceTree.app/Contents/Resources/bin:/usr/local/git/bin:/Applications/SourceTree.app/Contents/Resources/git_local/gitflow:/Applications/SourceTree.app/Contents/Resources/git_local/git-lfs:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/MacGPG2/bin
Skipping commit-msg hook
Completed successfully
Environment info:
macOS Mojave
Sourcetree: Version 4.0.1 (234)
System Git: 2.23.0