Hi
I have created a board with several cards but now that I have used the board, i realise I need a card called Backlog. I then need to move the cards I created under this card. It is not working. Nothing happens. Help please.
Hi @[deleted]
Welcome to the Community!
When you say that you've created cards, do you mean you've created cards or a list called Backlog?
If you have cards that need to be in a backlog, it might be better to have a list called Backlog, and then drag and drop all the cards into that list that are backlogged.
If you have a single card called backlog, you can drag and drop cards underneath that card, unless you have any rules set up that make it difficult!
Could you take a screenshot of your board, and explain what you're trying to do so that we can see where the error might be happening?
Esme
Hi Esme
I created a bunch of cards for things I want to write about with each card having a checklist of steps. I have about 20 of these and it dawned on me that i could not see what i was really working or what was still in the backlog of work. So I created a BACKLOG card and wanted to move several of the cards under this heading. But I cannot. Your advice appreciated please and stay safe.
Thanks for that!
So I can see that there's a Backlog list on the left. I'm assuming you want to move certain cards into that list? There are different ways to do this.
You can drag and drop the individual cards into that list: press and hold and drag
You can also open the individual cards and where the list is underlined at the top of the card, you can pick where you'd like to move it to from there:
Please let me know if either of these work for you!
Tip 1: Drag and drop: I did try that before i asked for advice. The Backlog just moves out of the way and wont let me drag anything onto or under it.
Tip 2: I also tried this and while the cards for let's say, CICD, move to Backlog, the card or is it list called CICD does not. How do i get the high-level and the lower-level to go under Backlog?
@[deleted]one solution to wanting to "nest" a list inside another list, is to use a checklist of linked cards.
So for example, in your case you've created a bunch of lists with different types of work, and you want to put all the cards in one of those lists into the Backlog. This Butler command would allow you to simply create a card in your Backlog list with the same name as one of your lists and it would create a checklist on the card, linked to all your original cards:
The original list would still be in-tact. You could archive it, move it to another "holding" board and move it back when it's time to start working on that thing, move it over to the right, etc. You'll still be able to see an overview of your topics, discuss the topics and click through to linked cards to discuss each article individually and so on.
NB: You used to be able to both automatically archive and move lists with Butler but they seem to have removed that feature unfortunately.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.