I have recently reactivated our Free Team Boards, but can't delete boards created by a former employee. How do I solve this?
Hello Christian,
Welcome to the Atlassian community!
To delete a board you need to click the search icon on the left sidebar and then click "View all boards". In the board list, you can click on the menu button (3 dots) corresponding to your board. There's a delete button.
Please give a try and let me know how it goes.
Cheers,
Carlos
Hi Carlos,
I am having the same issue: trying to delete a board that only has a former employee as the admin. I tried your recommendation, but I only have a Leave Board option, no Close Board. We have the free Trello version.
Appreciate your help!
Chelsea
@carlosughini I am having the same issue as Chelsea and Christian: Cannot delete a board that was created by an admin that no longer works with us. Screenshot attached.
Hi @Scott Kindred ,
Were you able to delete the board? Apparently, you are not a board admin.
Could you please click on your avatar (as you showed with the arrow) and set yourself as the board admin?
If you have any questions about it, Trello has public documentation about changing user permission:
After setting you as an admin, you can access the same menu on the right side and you will see an option to 'Close Board...'.
Then, you will be prompt to completely delete the board.
Please give it a try and let me know how it goes.
Kind regards,
Apparently free users are not worth actually answering a question by an actual support person. Instead relying on people with scripts to answer. Stop the BS and actually help someone delete/close a board and stop being jerks.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.