I feel like I'm missing a really simple rule but can't figure it out! I have a board for weekly tasks and I want to set a Butler rule that states every Sun night at 23:45 all the checklists on the board are unchecked.It seems I have to go into every single card individually! Surely there's an option for this isn't there?
Thanks, Roxy
@Roxy Rhodes There is no longer a way to loop through all cards in a board and reset all checklists, but you could, for example, have one rule that says:
When all checklists in a card are complete set the due date to 23:45 this Sunday
Then a second rule that says:
The moment a card is due, reset all checklists on the card
Hi Roxy,
An alternative to a Butler rule approach would be to enable the card repeater power-up and repeat a new card (the whole card, including a 'fresh' unticked checklist) every Monday morning or whatever.
This way you can perhaps keep the last weeks card as a record if you want by moving it to a journal list or board for example but start the new one afresh each Monday.You could also split out any unchecked items on it into a card of it's own for the coming week if something still needed attention.
I keep a few cards in a specific list at the far end of a board as the 'base' cards. You can then configure and edit them as necessary but have the fresh one repeat into a list and repeat time of your choosing from it, while leaving the original base card safe.
Bear
Thanks Bear,I'd been doing this - but I don't need to retain the cards in this case so it's a bit of a pain. Thank you though
This might work Iain, but then it means I'd lose my due dates for that week so I couldn't use calendar mode. I can't believe there isn't an easy rule for this! Still might be my best option at this point. Really surprised! Thank you!!
Sorry for the patronising tone Roxy... Too much assuming 'New Here' label they gave you meant 'new to Trello' on my part!
You didn't sound at all patronising Bear - you were dead helpful! I've been using Trello ages, but still only discovered the card repeater about a month ago! I'm just really frustrated that a simple seeming rule like this doesn't exist!
For a first time user, this worked great. Thanks, Iain.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.