I'm quite sure you've all seen this.
I'm working with Atlassian tools for more than 10 years and while I'm a big fan of the tools, I myself am often quite frustrated when I try do achieve some basic stuff, I can't, google it and it turns out there is a 10 years old feature request that is still being commented.
Let's look at an example:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-34510
The summary is that the issue was created in 2014, it was somehow reviewed, decided not to be implemented, but people still poke it with "+1" and demanding this basic functionality to be implemented.
Now, while the process (workflow) itself is quite okayish - I won't go into business decision why Atlassian is deciding left or right to implement stuff, in this case I'm betting on the fact that there is a plugin available and Atlassian is promoting the plugin approach to have also good relationship with 3rd party plugin vendors - that is fine.
BUT, I miss here transparency a lot. The issue is marked with "NOT BEING CONSIDERED" status, that's clear, but then I think it should be moved to "CLOSED" status, with appropriate comment saying this is achievable via a plugin, and most importantly, commenting and voting shall be blocked to prevent observers from the past being spammed and irritated (again) that it's not going to be implemented - this is just how human brain works.
I could show tons of examples like this issue, but I think the point is quite visible and I'm curious on your thoughts!