I am really looking forward to this session "How to spot if you're a Richard" by Colin Ellis.
This is the session description:
Self-aware, emotionally intelligent people make great teammates. But what if you’re a “Richard” instead? What if you talk over others, get distracted, hold people back, and don't even realize it? Learn to identify if you're a Richard, and see what you can do about it—for success at work in life.
I have a certification in Emotional Intelligence, and having both strong EQ and IQ combined is a super power and gives you the competitive advantage. It doesn't matter how smart you are if you turn other's off by your abrasive attitude and know it all attitude, they won't stick around to see how big your IQ is.
IQ peaks between age 18 and 20, where as you can improve your EQ to age 85 and beyond if you work hard at improving these essential skills.
I look forward to hearing your thoughts leading up to Colin's session and your takeaways after the session.