I'm a PowerShell afficionado and I've installed module 'ConfluencePS' from PowerShell gallery, for the purpose of talking to our Atlassian Cloud environment - Confluence and Jira.
I'd love to be able to programmatically get the # of licenses we have at any one time, so I can notify colleagues, etc.
I swear that I used to be able to authenticate to our Atlassian via this method, but over the last year or so, the authentication fails, resulting in a 403 Forbidden.
Again, using module ConfluencePS in PowerShell, I'm running commands like this:
$SpaceKey = "OurSpaceIdentifier"
$BaseURI = "https://someURLinthecloud.atlassian.net/wiki"
Set-ConfluenceInfo -BaseURI $BaseURI
I'm storing $creds in a variable, based on my login username (my full email address) and prompting to enter my password and storing that using a PowerShell method 'ConvertFrom-SecureString' and then writing that out to a file, which I then read in whenever I need to authenticate. It's the method that (I swear) worked in the past.
Anyway, when I run the following command, I get a '403 Forbidden':
Get-ConfluencePage -Title 'Title of a page within the space' -SpaceKey $SpaceKey -Credential $creds
WARNING: Confluence returned HTTP error 403 - Forbidden
Invoke-Method : com.atlassian.confluence.api.service.exceptions.PermissionException: Parent page view is restricted
Is it still possible to authenticate against these products using scripted languages like this?