Being a Software developer means being able to work anywhere in the world. Therefore my family and I took the chance and moved from Germany to Denmark in 2014. The two countries are neighbors, but the differences in culture and sometimes in the administrative systems often are huge.
I'm a software developer for nearly 25 years now, and, having a bachelor's degree in electronics and radio communication, I mostly worked as an embedded developer. Currently I'm working for Green Instruments, a small but heavily growing company developing and producing sensors and apparatus for gas and water monitoring in the marine business. Here I help building up the SW department and all that belongs thereto. Processes, tool chains, revision and change control, and so on. This is a huge but really exciting task.
In my spare time I mostly take care of my family, and take my DSLR camera on our trips through Denmark and Scandinavia. Together with my wife, I'm writing a blog about Danish and Scandinavian culture and travel. It's mostly my images that go into the blog, as my wife is the better writer. And, of course, I'm responsible for the whole IT and web development of the blog and at home. Have a look at www.meermond.de, if you like. There's translation via Google translate available.
I'm looking forward to learn and share my experiences here in this forum. :-)