I'm sitting on a bus traveling thIs morning and my thoughts have wandered back to "Y2K". I remember all the meetings and long hours at work in the fall of 1999, then waiting in fascination to see if the world cratered when some computer system failed and became the first domino to fall. Wow, what a big dud - nothing happened. Eventually I gave up and went to sleep. As we all assembled at work the next morning to assess any damage, yes on New Years Day, I realized how all the long months of preparation had paid off. On the other hand, had we all just fallen victim to the dooms-day hysteria?
What are your Y2K memories? Any funny stories about that crazy cousin who locked themselves in a bunker? Did you experience an actual computer system failure that caused any real trouble or humorous mischief?
Looking forward to hearing about your experience!