I get this popup when running SourceTree 3.3.8. It seems to go away after I push something and login using SourceTree, but eventually comes back after a time. This is reproducible with 3.3.8 and 3.3.4. Any ideas would be appreciated.
I had the same issue after upgrading to 3.3.8
It was resolved after deleting some old accounts and edit the other ones under Tools >> Options >> Accounts
At the same time all my checked out repositories were showing a red exclamation mark on the "Remote" icon. Clicking on Remote was trowing an error from winscp "Putty.exe not found".So I installed putty but without success. The exclamation mark was still there and clicking on the icon was now trowing 'Server refused to start a shell/command'.
Next thing I tried was to do a new Clone and that was working. So I compared the "Remote Account" settings under Settings >> Remotes >> origin >> Edit and it seems that for my previously cloned repositories this settings were not correct anymore after the upgrade. Changing them solved the issue with the Remote. Clicking on Remote was sending me now to the right repository location in a browser.
Thanks, I deleted my saved password under Tools >> Options >> Authentication, and then the next time I did an action that required authentication, it re-saved my password. The saved password was a little odd looking in that it said "Rest-Saved Passwords" in the dialog, which was different from a co-worker's so it made sense that this might be the culprit. Afterwards, the title changed to"Git Save Passwords". After this, then the problem went away. Thanks!
Sourcetree doesn't make it easy to delete the passwords. There were around 20 to delete, each one taking several clicks. Hope this works!
I had the same error.
I was able to reproduce the error message on demand by going to Repository > Refresh Remote Status.
I then noticed I didn't start Sourcetree as Administrator.
When I restarted Sourcetree as Administrator and then tried to reproduce the issue it didn't occur anymore.
Your solution worked for me, too. Yesterday I had switched over my Github and Bitbucket accounts/repos to the SSH they are now requiring. AskPass errors ALL day long.
Opened each repo, clicked Settings, double clicked the URL for the repo (to edit the entry), they were all set to "Generic Host" instead of my specific saved Bitbucket and Github save logins. Switched them to that, and they went away.
The "Generic Host" entry should die.
The recurring popup issue you are experiencing with SourceTree 3.3.8 and 3.3.4 is likely a bug or a configuration problem. To address this, you can try a few troubleshooting steps. First, ensure that you have the latest version of SourceTree installed, as newer versions often contain bug fixes. as you can see Formats of applications You can also try resetting or clearing the application cache and restarting SourceTree. If the issue persists, it is recommended to reach out to Atlassian's support team or consult their community forums for further assistance and potential solutions specific to this recurring popup problem.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.