So we have two stages: Build (CI) and deployment (CD)
Everytime after I run a build I got a number, for example, 123
When I start a new deployment, I set three environments:
dev
staging
production
the only difference betwen these environments are one environment variable , for example, I set below variables in the deployment job.
environment = dev
Now I found it is hard to get this simple job done. Because there is no source code checkout to check the commit in that build.
For example, when I run the deployment on build 123, I should see the source code only in that build. tomorrow, I have a new commit and run the build, and generate build 124
If I start the deployment again with same build number 123, it in fact deploys the latest commit (that's in build 124).
Bamboo ask me to do via Artifact, but I don't think that's the right way to do CICD.
So how can I do? any better way?