Hi,
I'm totally new to Atlassian, so please excuse me if I'm asking a totally obvious or frequently asked question: How does Jira handle customer information? Are there any best practices?
Background: We're a new/small software developer and I've been looking at using the Atlassian suite for our needs: BitBucket for Source code, Jira Software for tracking development issues, features & releases, Jira Service Desk as a helpdesk for customer facing issues. I'd hoped that Jira Service Desk and Jira Core would share the same customer database so we could use Jira Core for marketing and sales purposes.
From what I've seen so far, it looks like Service Desk and Core projects have independent lists of customers and customer info is limited to just an email address. I was hoping to keep a record of sales info e.g. subscription ID, expiry date etc.
Am I barking up the wrong tree with my expectations, or have I missed something obvious?