First off I want to say how grateful I am to @Meg Holbrook for starting Miscellaneous-Monday a couple of years ago - and for @Kat Warner and @FUN MAN ANDY for starting it up again. This is my first Miscellaneous Monday post and it got me thinking, what a strange word, one I took for granted as I always shortened it to misc. in the past. So of course I went to google to find out more.
mis·cel·la·ne·ous/ˌmisəˈlānēəs/adjective
- (of items or people gathered or considered together) of various types or from different sources."he picked up the miscellaneous
- (of a collection or group) composed of members or elements of different kinds."a miscellaneous collection of well-known ne'er-do-wells"


So I thought why not post some miscellaneously facts for your Monday:
1) A study from Harvard University finds that having no friends can be just as deadly as smoking. Both effect levels of a blood-clotting protein.
2) Adult cats only meow at humans, not other cats. Kittens meow to their mother but once they get a little older, cats no longer meow to other cats.
3) The same brain cycles that occur when asleep, still happen when you’re awake, but in smaller sections. Meaning, parts of your brain are always “falling asleep.”
4) Chewing gum boosts mental proficiency and is considered a better test aid than caffeine – but nobody knows why.
5) Both Motel 6 and Super 8 get their names from the original prices of the rooms. Motel 6 started at $6 in 1962, and Super 8 at $8.88 in 1974.
6) Berries are simple fruits stemming from one flower. This means that pineapples, bananas, watermelon, pumpkins and avocados are berries.
7) IKEA is an acronym which stands for Ingvar Kamprad Elmtaryd Agunnaryd, which is the founder’s name, farm where he grew up, and hometown.
8) A bolt of lightning can reach 53,540 degrees Fahrenheit. That’s 5 times hotter than the surface of the sun, which is 10,340 degrees Fahrenheit.
9) Standing around burns calories. On average, a 150 pound person burns 114 calories per hour while standing and doing nothing.
10) Selfies now cause more deaths than shark attacks. It is estimated there are 28 selfie related deaths per year, with the leading cause being heights.

I am curious, did you learn something from these 10 facts (I sure did, when I researched them), or did you know all or some of them already? Please share a miscellaneous fact that has blown your mind, or one that you found hard to believe and/or super random.
Look forward to your comments! Also, don't forget to sign up to post your own "Meg's Miscellaneous Monday" discussion post.
