I want to know if non-human users are counted towards any atlassian product's license. Thanks!
Hi Luca,
If the Atlassian App uses our Connect system to integrate with our products, then they do not take up a Jira/Confluence license.
Regards,
-Kieren
Product Manager, Identity, Atlassian
I'm not sure what you mean by Atlassian App or your Connect system...
Atlassian Connect is the way that developers can hook into our products: https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/integrating-with-jira-cloud/
I guess a better answer is:
If it's some sort of automation that uses Atlassian approved APIs, then there should be no additional Jira/Confluence product license needed.
If it's a script and/or it requires a user to be added to an atlassian product, even if that user is controlled via a script, then that user will take up a Jira/Confluence license.
It really depends on what you mean by Bot, i.e. how it's built / what it's doing.
Hope that rule could be reviewed. Feels like a common feature for companies that want automation in their pipelines. It can be confusing seeing automation happening under another user's name.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.