Running Bamboo 6.8.1
I understand the general concepts of variable inheritance:
- Global
- Plan
- Build (can be overridden w/ a manual build)
- Release (takes snapshots of global and plan variables)
- Deployment
My problem is that I have a single plan-level variable (password property) which needs to be evaluated at run time-time for a deployment.
The release takes a snapshot of the plan variables (so if the value of my plan variable needs to change) the snapshot value in the release, which is stale / out of sync overrides it,
Yes, I know I can define a deployment environment variable -- but I have several deployment environments (11), so setting a variable value 11x vs once is not scalable for my project.
Basically looking for any *one* of the following:
- ability to back reference a higher-level (overridden) variable
- ability to reference a specified deployment variable from a specified environment across different environments in the same project
- ability to bulk set / define a core deployment-level variable across multiple deployment environments w/i a given project
Any suggestions would be appreciated.