This issue has been plaguing me for months now. I wrote a while back and the support assistant just stopped answering. Hopefully this experience is better.
OS: Win 10
ST Version: 3.3.6
GIT version: 2.25.1
ST setting set to: System GIT
Issue:
After upgrading from version 3.0.17 ST never has worked again. Or at least has thrown errors. Specifically whenever i try a command I get an error:
'git status' failed with code -1:
System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: Access is denied
(C:\users\USERNAME\source\repos\projname)
To resolve this I have tried the following:
--In Windows
- Delete repo
- Clone repo and manually set properties to full access
The following are the steps in order that i've last tried
-- In Sourcetree
1. In Authentication tab Delete all accounts and Saved Passwords
2. Delete any abandoned local repos
3. Uninstall Sourcetree
4. GoTo Credential Manager in Windows and Delete all credentials to GIT or ST
5. Delete C:\users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Atlassian
All should be clear
6. Install Sourcetree
7. GoTo Remote and fill in
Hosting Service: GitHub Enterprise
Host URL: https://githubenterprise.xxx.com
Preferred Protocol: HTTPS
Authentication: Basic
Username: UN
Refresh Password
Authention OK
At this point I can see all the repositories in my organization. I scroll down to find mine and see that it isn't listed as 'private'. I click the "Clone" link on the right and it takes me to the Clone tab with all fields pre-populated.
The "Source Path / URL:" is correctly populate with:
https://githubenterprise.COMPANY.com/FOLDER/PROJECT.git
But under the text box reads: "This is not a valid source path / URL". I click on the Details button and get a dialog to pop up with the following information:
Command: git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false --no-optional-locks ls-remote https://githubenterprise.COMPANY.com/FOLDER/PROJECT.git
Output:
Error: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: Access is denied
This is where I'm stuck in ST as the clone button down below never enables. I copy the command that ST says errors out and paste it into a powershell command window and see that the repository is correctly cloned to my local drive. I move back to ST and attempt to then Add it with no avail.
If I uninstall this version and go back to 3.0 I will have no problem. I'd really like to upgrade as I've seen a lot of the improvements you've made to the product and am excited to use it.
Any and all help is appreciated. Thank you.