I had used Jira before 2011. Now I am back in 2020. What is new?
Hello @Lowell Liwat I've been using Jira for more than ten years and the core functionalities haven't change much. A couple of things that I can think of are.
I'm sure there are plenty more, those are a couple that came to my mind now.
Lowell glad to see you are coming back. I have been using Jira for about the same amount of time and while Jira today has all the same core features as Jira in 2011 I would have to say just about everything else has been improved or is a newly added feature. I think the best way to move around the product would be to setup a free cloud instance of Jira Core, Jira Software and Jira Service Desk. Use the demos to see the features and setup a few of your own projects. That should get you up to speed very quickly. Jira cloud has some features not available to server and server has some features not available on cloud but the core of what they do is the same. Have fun playing with your free account.
Hi @Lowell Liwat, glad you're back!
Are you using Jira Software Cloud? If so, you may find this an interesting read.
Cheers,
Hannah
Hi @Lowell Liwat
Welcome back !
Some of the major changes were introduced in Jira 7 which you can learn here:
For example, Jira Agile is now known as Jira Software.
There is also the enterprise releases introduced:
The latest Jira version at the moment is Jira 8.6.X. You can learn more from the release notes of each version release :
Do let us know if you have any other questions
Regards,Adrian Stephen
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.