I have SourceTree 3.3.7 on Windows. I tried to add a GitLab EE account after setting up a PAT with api and read_user scopes. I enter the https URL (with and without trailing '/' as suggested by a user). I click "Refresh Personal Access Token" and enter the username and PAT. I have also tried entering the PAT name and PAT, as suggested by a user. I also tried both the embedded git and system git, as suggested by another user. In all of these instances, I get an "Authentication failed" error that will not allow me to proceed.
I am able to access my remote repositories on GitLab EE and push to them using my username and PAT with command line git.
I can also clone a repository and use it through SourceTree without setting up an account, just setting the username and password when prompted as my username and PAT in GitLab. I'm not sure why the account creation doesn't work if I can setup a repository and use it with the same credentials.