Hey Next-gen fans,Would you like the opportunity to give direct feedback to the Next-gen product team? Would you like the chance to preview and test new Next-gen features?I’m excited to announce an exciting opportunity for Next-gen users: introducing the Next-gen Customer Council!Sign up via https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSejQsBhJmmlDXiVH0pZ733eAqHBZzAYqlfG2gDieqvfHMLxQQ/viewform?usp=sf_link or email me directly at bryan.lim@atlassian.com
I will reach out via email with more details.
Thanks,Bryan LimProduct Manager, Jira Software Next-gen
This is fantastic @blim! I really appreciate this opportunity.
Great opportunity indeed! Hell yes I'd like some of that action. Sign me up please!
Trying to sign up now
Thanks everyone for signing up! Does anyone have Next-gen friends in NYC? One of our PMs is looking to make a visit to New York in March and would like to chat w/ Next-gen users . Help spread the word!
What about in SF? @bli
@aaron.deyonker yes! Will let you know!
Count me in @blim :-)
Honestly would LOVE a feature where I can assign a story/issue to multiple users. I need to do this on a daily basis for pair coding, dev-to-dev testing, or even research and analysis where my lead devs and BAs need to work closely together. These tickets are not just important for our organization to make our activities more agile; they are also critical parts of our overall documentation strategy. I appreciate your time. Thank you! I've sent my response to join and hope to be a part of this great initiative.
@Betrearon Tezera We made a decision to have just a single assignee because we believe that there should always be a DRI (Direct Responsible Individual). This philosophy is also something used by Apple, which believes that there should always be someone who drives a project or initiative to make sure it will be successful. Otherwise, the responsibilities of who owns this work gets blurred.
To navigate around situations where you are collaborating such as pair coding and dev-to-dev testing, I suggest that you assign that issue to the DRI, and have anyone else supporting it within subtasks under that parent issue. This will allow you to be more clear about who is playing a primary and supporting role.
@Ivan Teong thank you for your response. While I believe that the functionality should be available to users of JIRA, to be used at our discretion in the event that there is a task that needs multiple DRIs, I accept your explanation.
Sure, sign me up please. Thanks
JIRA is like a mobile phone with good functionalities. When comes to customization, its good for Marketplace companies like the app store. What is JIRA plan By doing all the Stuff when JIRA doesn't have any customization capability at the core level?
sign up : .done
Sign-up done!
Could you create a Trello board with everything in upcoming releases? Like this: https://trello.com/b/TTAVI7Ny/ue4-roadmapIt feels odd that Atlassian doesn't use its own software to communicate to external stakeholders.Thanks
@james_bailey Atlassian actually has a publicly facing Jira instance where a lot of this type of information is made available: https://jira.atlassian.com/projects/JSWCLOUD/issues/
@Jimmy Seddon Thanks for that. I would still suggest investing time into a version board like the one from UE4.
@james_bailey That's fair feedback. Right now, we're trying to use our public roadmap to communicate what we plan to release: https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/whats-new/next-gen
Also I'd like to see more customization on the portal pages. We really shouldn't have to resort to a plugin to pull that off.
@blim - interesting conversation over on this thread with @Mark Thompson and @John Funk about the need for standardisation across next-gen projects https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Next-gen-articles/Getting-started-with-next-gen-projects/ba-p/914448/page/6#M1386
@blim - a customer over here needing the ability to delete sprints https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/完了したスプリントの削除について/qaq-p/1421650#U1422033
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.