I'm about to pull my hair out. And, that's pretty bad since I don't have much to pull...
After using Bamboo for a month or so, I'm trying to get it ready for production and setup to work with MSSQL 2016.
I have followed the Bamboo docs of setting up the server for authentication, setting up a database first, and I have tried the sa user and a separate user I setup, BambooUser, both with the all rights to the bamboo database. During the Bamboo setup, there were no open queries connected to the bambooDB in SSMS. We have a commercial product we sell which uses MSSQL as a backend and the Bamboo install is on the same server, same instance. I even let our commercial software create the BambooDB database, then I dropped all tables so it was clean. Still no connection from Bamboo.
The Microsoft docs say when using the jdbc connection, since the default port is 1433, it is optional. But all of the Bamboo docs say to add it in. So, I have tried both.
The log always states:
Validating database configuration...
Validating connection to url:
Could not find token mapped to token name: token
Then, it fails with the "Could not successfully test your database:" and then "Error: Connection refused:"
Thinking this was a connection issue with the jdbc connect string, I have tried the following:
jdbc:sqlserver://[IPAddress]:1433;databaseName=bambooDB
jdbc:sqlserver://[IPAddress];databaseName=bambooDB
jdbc:sqlserver://[ComputerName\Instance]:1433;databaseName=bambooDB
jdbc:sqlserver://[ComputerName\Instance];databaseName=bambooDB
jdbc:sqlserver://localhost:1433;instanceName=MyInstance;databaseName=bambooDB
jdbc:sqlserver://[ComputerName]:1433;databaseName=bambooDB
jdbc:sqlserver://[ComputerName];databaseName=bambooDB
jdbc:sqlserver://localhost:1433;databaseName=bambooDB
jdbc:sqlserver://localhost;databaseName=bambooDB
All fail with the same error, Connection refused.
Is there any type of Bamboo utility to diagnose the connection problem with MSSQL?
Since the default DB is not production ready, this is a show-stopper for us. And, since we use practically the full suite of Atlassian software, our higher-ups want to use Bamboo.
Thanks,
Carl