Hi All, we have setup our portfolio and jira environment with the following hierarchy - and in theory it works well, but when we try to use it to made decisions we are struggling. Would love to get some insights from companies that are using it successfully to made planning decisions with a similar setup or a similar need.
Initiatives -- holder of main project details (Initiative A - Dodge Ram) - we store some project level details here that we use to made decisions about priority
Epics -- holder of sub projects from initiatives (Epic 1 - Dodge Ram America Epic 2 -Dodge Ram Europe) we put hour estimates here, target start and end date.
What I'm struggling with is views. I need to see the initiative and the epics to be able to understand details that will help me prioritize. I can't see those in Portfolio easily; I can't add necessary columns and I can't filter on certain fields that would help me drill in. I've been playing with the Pivot Report add on and the Structure Add on, but both have gaps. For Structure the documentation isn't helping me.
I feel like I shouldn't be using Initiatives because it seems very disconnected. Thoughts?