I would like to get an extra hour of sleep 😴
What would you do?
I probably should get an extra hour of sleep but I'd be fooling myself if I said I actually would.
Likely I'd end up watching things on YouTube to start with, then I'd feel bad that I just wasting time not accomplishing anything, so I keep YouTube on in the background while I'm browsing the Atlassian Community for posts like this one
I would be using it to watch extra anime episodes
Hi @Lenin Raj
I would spend that extra hour in my gym for some more cardio after weight training. I usually spend an hour at gym and sometimes it feels that I need to spend more time.
Or
I would spend that extra hour training my dog some new trick.
I would spend that extra hour trying to write an article for Atlassian community which I have been delegating for many days :-D
@Deepanshu Natani you and me both! I have a few articles in the queue I just need to get them across the finish line for that awesome author badge.
@Jimmy SeddonYes yes, I have an eye on that awesome author badge for some time now. Really need that extra hour to complete the articles. :-)
One hour 🤔Every day!:? 🤔🤔
7 hours a week... that is a lot of time!
Following the knowledge that a new skill can be picked up with 20 hours of practice to an amateur/basic level, I would purpose myself to learn 18 new skills every year (on top of the perfecting-time spend on the ones I use the most). On my todo list:
- juggle 5 balls simultaneously
- fish with fly
- swim butterfly style (well, not like a drowning magikarp)
- prepare California sushi rolls
- use kitchen knives correctly
- how to write stories for kids
- learn how to run (as in the correct technique)
- how to lower my heart rate
- ...
Sleep sounds very nice and being well rested could lead to extra productivity throughout the day. I would also either catch up on some work during the extra hour or eat a meal with my wife!
6 meals a day .... yep. I could buy into that too
Extra hour in the gym!
I think from all the million things to do, for me, the best use of this extra hour would be a mix (perhaps in daily alternation) of playing drums and learning something new (for the job). 🤔
I'd really like that! Where can I get that hour?! 😁
I probably should spend that extra hour learning something or catching up on some industry trend, but for my health, probably sleep is the best choice.
@Tim Keyes you work more than anyone I know. You deserve some extra sleep!
🤣You heard the man @Tim Keyes Rest it is
How long do you usually spend in the gym? I'm curious.
An extra hour of sleep would be nice, but knowing me, I think I'd probably use it to connect more with friends and family. Are we assuming our energy level wouldn't go down during this hour?
@Emily Koch 30 minutes of cardio every morning and 90 minutes of weights in the evening. How much time do you put in?
@Emily Koch as long as you show up for work on time
Not nearly as much! Just 30 minutes a day, usually in the middle of the day or right after work. But it's much, much better than the zero I was doing x.x
You must have super strength with all that exercise time! Shawn is a superhero, double-confirmed.
@Jimmy Seddon ,Youtube is very addictive social media platform . Lately, I have been spending hours on youtube.
-Sri
@Deepanshu Natani and @Jimmy Seddon ,Any suggestions, tips and Tricks for New Authors like me from you guys -Sri
I mean, it always could be an extra hour of work, too! The possibilities are endless.
@Fernando Bordallo , The List Great. Can you give some insights on lowering the Heart Rate?
@Max Foerster - K15t , I always wanted to learn to play a musical instrument. But I haven't, Do you recommend any Instrument that is easy to pick up for beginner like me?
Piano is pretty simple to learn. My first instruments were piano, recorder, and flute.
With any instrument, you'll need to learn how to read music, though. I found some articles some people made about some of the first things to remember:
The images come from this article if you'd like to know more!
After that, it's just a matter of knowing how to play those notes on the instrument and putting it all together. It's never too late to start!
I'm curious about lowering heart rate, too! I imagine doing cardio would help, because over time your body would get a little more used to raising the heart rate with exercise.
Thank you @Emily Koch
More work is my favorite!
Long distance run training, meditation, apnea training, high-peak hiking, ... the list of things that can be done is big but I'll be able to give some details around my journey to 'lower heart-rate' in the future 🤞
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.