I installed Jira Server 7.13 and Confluence 6.15 on same Ubuntu 16.04 machine and connected them together.The problem is that links to confluence pages with cyrillic symbols corrupted by rhombus symbols. Problem appears with Cofluence links in "mentoined in" block only. Links to other Jira issues display correctly.
Hi @Andrey Glazkov
It seems like encoding issue in Jira. Take a look at this document. There is a recommendation from Atlassian on using UTF-8 encoding when starting Jira.
Start JIRA with the parameters -Dfile.encoding=utf-8 and -Dsun.jnu.encoding=UTF-8
-Dfile.encoding=utf-8 and -Dsun.jnu.encoding=UTF-8
I hope it was helpful.
Hi @Andrey Glazkov ,
@Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_ speaks sooth and that is a good place to start. The other thing I've seen with running Jira and Confluence on Linux is that the fonts/characters are not necessarily available to render. I noted this first when indexing Confluence and watching the stream of errors flow past for attached documents from Windoze clients for fonts that the server didn't have. Once I started installing the necessary fonts plus a broad set of others in my Docker images (I run on an Alpine base image with OpenJDK 8) that problem went away.
I would try Ravi's excellent suggestion first and, if that doesn't solve it (and it very likely will), take a shot at adding fonts to your host system as well.
Thanks! Your suggestion eliminates problem.
Ravi's suggestion solves the problem. Thouth thanks for answer it may helpful for users with same problems!
@Mike Rathwell - Can you please add on the what you installed (commands)?
@sree , it depends on the Linux distribution you are using. For the particular distro, look for something like "ttf-mscorefonts" and add that package. The commands will also vary by the distribution of Linux. But that is a good place to start.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.