Trying to figure out what rule works for when I moved a linked card to my Done list, the corresponding checklist item will get checked off.
Hi,
If the card is a linked card from an item try this :
when a card is added to list "Done", for each card linked in the attachments, check item "{triggercardlink}"
I'm trying to do the same - but this didn't work for me. It doesn't find the [triggercardname} in the list. I experimented and could, for example, create an empty checklist on the linked parent card (just to check the {trggercardname} was being cascaded) - and it was.
Have you got it working?
Hi
This is mistake. Replace triggercardname by triggercardlink, make sure that the rule is enabled in the appropriate board which is the board where the trigger is, and verify that the links parent-children (checklist section) and children-parent (attachment section) are valid.
I found the answer. I ended up using the following:
when a card is moved into list "Done", find the first card linked in the attachments, and check item "{triggercardlink}(*)"
Seems using {triggercardlink} and adding the {*} does the trick.
Credit to the guys on this link where I found the answer.
Where an alternative approach is described which also works:
when a card in list "XYZ" is moved into list "ABC", find the first card linked in the attachments, and check item "{triggercardlink}{*}" in checklist "MNO"
I think you can leave off the final "in checklist 'MNO' and it'll still work.
Have you tried without {*} ?
In your use case, this variable is not necessary.
See this :
https://help.trello.com/article/1156-pattern-matching-and-wildcards
https://help.trello.com/article/1165-task-dependencies
Hi Ludo,
It does indeed work without the wildcard - many thanks!
To complete my workflow I've added a rule to delete the checklisitem when the dependent card is finally archived from my Done list:
when a card is archived, find the first card linked in the attachments, and remove item "{triggercardlink}{*}" from checklist "Programmes"
In this case too, joker variable is not necessary.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.