My background is from using Octopus, where I could set up a list of environments and variables specific to them, then re-use them in all my deployment plans.
I plan to deploy 100 microservices, over a series of 40-50 environments. Today, i feel like i have to recreate / clone all 50 environments for each new service. And, if i have a change to one of the parameters,i have to touch hundreds and hundreds of deployment plans.
Most of what i store for an environment, is a set of credentials or information needed to deploy a service to a box or environment. For example, if we choose QA-01, we know the boxes the deploy will go to, and have credentials for each. Today, this seems entirely manual.
I've looked a "specs" but i'm not seeing how this makes it any easier. Is this just how it is, or am i missing a concept such that environments can exist at a higher level then inside a deployment, or is there something else that helps me with deploys?