A connection on Linked In shared an interesting article with me today. It describes a methodology that could have addressed some of the issues I've faced during my current project. Unfortunately for me, that project is in its final sprints, so I'll be presenting this as a "lessons learned" on our next retrospective.
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/when-agile-architectures-fail-jeffrey-anthony/
Hi Scott,
Thank you for sharing. I found number 6 interesting:
"Team leaders must be sensitive to any significant degradation in team velocity that may result from a newly adopted architecture. That may indicate that the architecture is flawed or overly complex."
I believe new systems, tools, and architecture will often lead to some degradation before improvements are realized. It is probably hard to define what is significant degradation or what is some additional turbulence and pain points on the path to greater efficiency. Organizations also need to know when it is time to pivot.
Great thought provoking piece!
Cheers!
Tim
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.