I made a TEMPLATE list. My list starts with a CHECKLIST on the top card. Each checklist line links to a card below in the same list. Each card below has a Trello attachment link to the top checklist card. That simplifies navigation back and forth.
PROBLEM: When I copied the template list to a current instance, NONE of the links updated. Every link in the copy list pointed to a card in the TEMPLATE list. It took time to recreate all the correct links, and the template had essentially COST me time. I could remove all links within the template, but then in the copy list I have to recreate all the links every time, depriving me of the main reason to use a TEMPLATE.
QUESTION: How can I duplicate the INTERNALLY LINKED TEMPLATE so that in the NEW COPY list all the links are INTERNAL TO THAT COPY? The idea is not just to copy all the cards in the template list; a better copy would preserve the 2-way link relationships so they are internal to the new list.
======= suggested enhancement:
I needed two copies of the checklist. One copy was consumed as I chose line by line to convert item to a card. Then I needed the other checklist copy as a place to hold the LINKS to those new cards. Obviously a good programmer could make a power-up that does all of the above automatically from one checklist--then I would not need the template discussed above.