This is my first Firday-fun topic and it so happened to be "Thanks-Giving" today, so decided to advance my topic by a day 
Although am in India now, I had the chance to be there few years back during the time of Thanks Giving.
Honestly, Thanks Giving was new to me that time, and all my friends told me about it was there will be awesome deals on electronics. So I spent sleepless nights going through shopping links after shopping links hoping to grab some good deals.
But out of curiosity (which I always am), I started to google what exactly Thanks giving is and why it is celebrated, and found it has links to harvest festival, similar to Pongal/Makara Sankranthi festival celebrated in India.
The one instance which I always cherish whenever I think about Thanks giving was when I was invited for dinner by my neighbor, it came as a surprise but I decided to go. When I entered their home I could see it was a full house, a family-reunion, and the sense of feeling that I was welcomed to be part of them made me immensely happy, that too when I was thousands of miles away from my own family members.
Happy Thanks Giving all...