I'm evaluating Bamboo 5.9.7 build 5920 on my development machine which is pretty snappy, but Bamboo just seems to lock up sometimes. After restarting the service a few times I was able to create a test plan and build it, but then trying to look at the failure locked it up. Looking at atlassian-bamboo.log I see a lot of troubling things, like things being rendered taking 4-24 seconds and requests that show over "10000kb" at the end, I hope it is not really transferring all that data, what is that?
2015-11-14 07:13:20,774 INFO [http-apr-8085-exec-5] [AccessLogFilter] jason GET http://localhost:8085/rest/api/latest/plan/favicon/TEST-SLAC?_=1447506720435 10431kb
2015-11-14 07:13:22,439 INFO [http-apr-8085-exec-7] [AccessLogFilter] jason GET http://localhost:8085/ajax/planStatusHistoryNeighbouringSummaries.action?planKey=TEST-SLAC&_=1447506720436 10627kb
2015-11-14 07:13:29,120 INFO [http-apr-8085-exec-9] [FreemarkerContext] Web panel chainresult.summary.right com.atlassian.bamboo.brokenbuildtracker:resultTracking was being rendered for 33403ms
2015-11-14 07:13:29,655 INFO [http-apr-8085-exec-9] [FreemarkerContext] Web panel chainresult.summary.right bamboo.deplo
Finally it seems like there is something about a deadlock and finally an error:
2015-11-14 07:16:13,711 WARN [Timer-2] [ThreadPoolAsynchronousRunner] com.mchange.v2.async.ThreadPoolAsynchronousRunner$DeadlockDetector@6c188608 -- APPARENT DEADLOCK!!! Creating emergency threads for
unassigned pending tasks!
2015-11-14 07:17:22,377 INFO [13-BAM::Default Agent::Agent:pool-28-thread-1] [BuildAgentControllerImpl] Agent 131073 checking build queue for executables...
2015-11-14 07:17:46,411 INFO [13-BAM::Default Agent::Agent:pool-28-thread-1] [BuildQueueManagerImpl] takeBuildContext for agent 131073 took 6993ms
2015-11-14 07:18:17,077 INFO [pool-27-thread-1] [RestNavigationClient] Failed to request navigation links from 'http://localhost:7990/rest/capabilities/navigation?lang=en-US': Connect to localhost:799
0 timed out
2015-11-14 07:19:47,431 INFO [http-apr-8085-exec-16] [AccessLogFilter] 127.0.0.1 GET http://localhost:8085/rest/capabilities 10263kb
2015-11-14 07:19:52,515 WARN [Timer-2] [ThreadPoolAsynchronousRunner] com.mchange.v2.async.ThreadPoolAsynchronousRunner$DeadlockDetector@6c188608 -- APPARENT DEADLOCK!!! Complete Status:
Managed Threads: 3
Active Threads: 3
Active Tasks:
com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool$AsyncTestIdleResourceTask@7b8f439c (com.mchange.v2.async.ThreadPoolAsynchronousRunner$PoolThread-#0)
com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool$AsyncTestIdleResourceTask@6a6b1ce7 (com.mchange.v2.async.ThreadPoolAsynchronousRunner$PoolThread-#2)
com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool$AsyncTestIdleResourceTask@1369cb73 (com.mchange.v2.async.ThreadPoolAsynchronousRunner$PoolThread-#1)
Pending Tasks:
com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool$AsyncTestIdleResourceTask@3f502b62
com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool$1DestroyResourceTask@3e420cb7
com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool$1DestroyResourceTask@cfca3bc
com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool$1DestroyResourceTask@5193c303
Pool thread stack traces:
Thread[com.mchange.v2.async.ThreadPoolAsynchronousRunner$PoolThread-#0,5,main]
com.mchange.v2.async.ThreadPoolAsynchronousRunner$PoolThread.run(ThreadPoolAsynchronousRunner.java:562)
Thread[com.mchange.v2.async.ThreadPoolAsynchronousRunner$PoolThread-#2,5,main]
com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool$AsyncTestIdleResourceTask.run(BasicResourcePool.java:2023)
com.mchange.v2.async.ThreadPoolAsynchronousRunner$PoolThread.run(ThreadPoolAsynchronousRunner.java:547)
Thread[com.mchange.v2.async.ThreadPoolAsynchronousRunner$PoolThread-#1,5,main]
com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool$AsyncTestIdleResourceTask.run(BasicResourcePool.java:2023)
com.mchange.v2.async.ThreadPoolAsynchronousRunner$PoolThread.run(ThreadPoolAsynchronousRunner.java:547)
Any ideas on what could be causing that? Is there some setting I need to change? I'm using java 1.8.0.66, could the java version be an issue?
C:\Atlassian\ApplicationData\Bamboo\logs>java -version
java version "1.8.0_66"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_66-b17)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.66-b17, mixed mode)