Two things happen when I try to check out a remote branch from my bitbucket repository.
- Sourcetree cannot see the local repo for this remote repo and asks me to create a new one.
- If it was able to see local repo for this remote repo, when it goes to checkout the branch it crashes immediately.
Also there is a red "!" symbol by the remote icon in Sourcetree, and when I go in and edit the settings of the repo that goes away. However I am still unable to checkout remote branches and it crashes when I try.
I can fetch, pull, and push to the repo and am getting updates when I need to pull even though I can't checkout a remote branch. I can create a new local on and push it to Bitbucket, but any new remote branches I cannot checkout.
The only way I was able to checkout a remote branch was to either use the git command line, or uninstalling Sourcetree and installing version 3.2.6.3544 of Sourcetree from the website. Once installed I get a notifiation to update to the most current version and if I do that I am unable to checkout remote branches.
So I am unable to update Sourcetree cause it will break my remote repo. Has anyone else had this problem?