Hi guys,
I'm experimenting with Boards to bring together a single Sprint using Issues from multiple Projects
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-to-manage-multiple-projects-in-a-single-board-under-new-JIRA/qaq-p/661120
I've found this post really useful but wondering if anyone has the same use case?
We have some clients that have multiple project teams working for them so to have what is effectively a Programme Board will be really powerful, as some developers work in multiple project teams (including Service Desk Projects).
Also am I missing a trick by not using Align, Portfolio or a MarketPlace App for this?
Hi StuartAbsolutley no problem with using a board to manage multiple projects. I have (through my work with Adaptavist) come across all the possible variants.
Add in the mix of Scrum and Kanban board and there are lots of different configurations that can be used. The key point is to use the configuration that works for your organisation as there is no single correct approach.
To give one example of how this complex configuration can be setup...
Project A - Epics, Stories, Incidents
Project B - Epics, Stories, Incidents
Project C - Incidents
In this scenario
Support for Incidents are managed with a single Kanban board based on the JQL project in (A,B,C) and issuetype = IncidentProject A development is a Scrum board based on the JQL project =A and issuetype != IncidentProject B development is a Scrum board based on the JQL project =B and issuetype != Incident
The strength of Jira is this ability to configure as is appropriate to your organisation.
Phill
Hi Stuart,
I think I've read this same article on how to set up a board for multiple projects.
We have different projects for separate but interlinked programs, but we tend to coordinate the releases. Therefore, when planning a sprint, I can see tickets across all projects and use the filters to ensure we work on the issues assigned to a given version, whilst checking high priority tickets in any project are also attended to.
I've not used any of the add-ons you mention, but would be interested if anyone else has, as we're always looking to be more efficient.
Sarah
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.