I am new to working with any type of source control and am having a major issue with SourceTree. From the tutorials I have seen, whenever you create a new repository, a '.git' folder is supposed to be created in the destination of the repository. My problem is, that when I try to create a new repository using Git, the '.git' file is not being created. This is causing my SourceTree to crash whenever I attempt to commit files to a repository and is not letting me get started with my project.
I have searched for answers in forums, but nobody seems to have had this issue before that I can find. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling SourceTree and Git, but that has not helped. Since I don't know what is causing the issue, taking steps to fix it has been near impossible.
As I said, I am new to Source Control and SourceTree, so maybe I am making a simple mistake, but I cannot move forward at all until this problem is solved.
Thanks in advanced.