I updated to Sourcetree 3.3.4
Now the "Terminal" button does not open bash.
If I deselect "Use git bash as default" in options, then Terminal button opens a dos window.
But I want Bash....
I'm on sourcetree 3.3.6 and having the same issue.
Got same issue on 3.3.6
my is 3.3.6.3829
you save my work, thanks
Looks like latest source tree version required at least git version 2.25.0
Switching to "Embedded Git" via "Tools > Options > Git > Git Version", saving and switching back did the job for me.
I had to download git separately and change from using the embedded git to my system git that I just installed.
I got the same issue in 3.3.6 I downloaded 3.2.6 from the Sourcetree Archives and the Terminal started working again (using embedded git).
I fixed the problem by manually updating the Embedded git. How?
This fixed a variety of Git integration issues for me, thanks!
Thanks!
That worked! with sourcetree 3.3.6 it extracted git portable 2.29.2.2
Same issue on 3.3.x for me.
Installing the latest version (3.4.5) on top of my ("broken") 3.3.x worked for me without any manual copy and need to change the git settings.
It works using the system git.
Switching to Embedded worked. Switching back did not, for me.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.