I'm new to Confluence, but am liking it so far. Joined this group to learn as I'm attempting to upload visio files within Confluence so they are editable, but so far, no luck. Any suggestions?
Hi @Joanne Penwell ,
You'll probably have an easier and better (and more collaborative) experience creating diagrams with one of the macros made specifically for Confluence.
Check out the apps in the Atlassian Marketplace to see if there's something that meets your needs: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/categories/charts-diagrams
Laura
Thanks Laura. Visio is the tool used accross the organization for all diagraming, so a Visio solution is what I'm seeking if we are to continue with Confuence.
Hello @Joanne Penwell ,
I used to add the Visio as an image, and add the original as an attachment. Alternatively, you can place it in a shared folder. Make sure you keep the original copy that cannot be edited.
Like you, I prefer to use Visio. I don't find that the Confluence macros are robust enough to satisfy my requirements.
Good luck!
The two major graphing addons (draw.io and Gliffy) both have functions to export and import from Visio.
You are never going to be able to edit visio diagrams in confluence directly. It will always have to be a download-edit-upload process.
However the Atlassian Companion that comes with confluence can make that process a little simpler, using a helper application installed on the users PC to do the work in the background.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/edit-files-170494553.html
Welcome to the community @Joanne Penwell !
@Joanne Penwell Welcome to the Community, Joanne! Sounds like you're already getting some great insights. 😄 Be sure to check out the Confluence collection, as well as off-topic threads like Friday Fun.
Welcome to the community @Joanne Penwell
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.