Hi,
We want some monitoring mechanisms to check the following?
1.No of agent connected at the moment?
2.Is the Bamboo server is accessible or not
You can use the Bamboo REST API to achieve 1 in a similar fashion via a GET /agent?online call:
Provides a list of all agents. Use query parameter "online = true/false" to filter only online agents.
So something along the lines of (top of my head):
curl --user username:password -H "Accept: application/json" \https://example.com/bamboo/rest/api/latest/agent | jq '. | length'
Update
Here's a more specific example to confirm my memory (based on HTTPie rather than cURL).
Initially there are 2 local and 0 remote agents:
λ http -a user:pass http://example.com/bamboo/rest/api/latest/agent | jq '. | length'2λ http -a user:pass http://example.com/bamboo/rest/api/latest/agent/remote | jq '. | length'0
I've then started 2 elastic agents in addition to the 2 local ones, which yield 4 agents overall:
λ http -a user:pass http://example.com/bamboo/rest/api/latest/agent | jq '. | length'4λ http -a user:pass http://example.com/bamboo/rest/api/latest/agent/remote | jq '. | length'2
Terminating 1 elastic agent yields the expected outcome too:
λ http -a user:pass http://example.com/bamboo/rest/api/latest/agent | jq '. | length'3λ http -a user:pass http://example.com/bamboo/rest/api/latest/agent/remote | jq '. | length'1
2. Done with following command
curl --user username:password -H "Accept: application/json" [https://bamboo.com/bamboo/rest/api/latest/server | jq .state
Currently, I am doing this way
curl --user adminuser:password https://bamboo.com/bamboo/reconfigureVirtualAgents.action | grep -o '<p>Available remote agent slots'
I will try your suggested approach as well.
@ Steffen: Yours suggested that doesn't fulfill my requirement.I guess I put the wrong question.
I have a license of x agents,I want to check how many agents are online at the moment so that I can plan my activities accordingly.
@Neeraj Singh - I'm afraid I don't t really get what you are asking for here. I've updated my answer with a more specific example to confirm my memory, and it seems to yield the expected result by telling me how many agents are currently available - is this not the 'No of agent connected at the moment' that you are looking for?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.