In the description, we sometimes get a copy block/box that allows for scrolling from left to right. But I don't see how this is created in "formatting help". Does anyone know how this created. Or how to avoid it if I see it again?
Hi David,
Could you attach a screenshot showing what you're referring to?
I
I couldn't find a real-life example. (We use a new board each day) So I tried to draw it based on previous experience. The red box shows up within a copy block. The dotted line represents where the box extends. The scroll bar is need to read the content that's not visible in the description window.
When you say copy block, do you mean code block?
Like this?
Code blocks on trello will scroll horizontally for large amounts of text. Here is the help.trello documentation on code blocks.
Code block - Include formatted code by wrapping it in three backticks (```) at the beginning and end of the block, or by starting a line with four spaces. Note that the triple backticks have to be on a separate line and ensure you have a blank line before and after the code block.
Let me know if that wasn't what you were looking for.
Yes! That's exactly what I'm talking about. So what's the point of a code block? Does it have any inherent advantages?
This has been bothering me.
Thank you for your help. We work in news, and sometimes our e-mails are pasted directly into the description. So it auto-formats. And it's hard to read.
This will save me hours of headaches.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.