I am trying figure out if I can add an .sil condition to the "create" transition in my workflow where, depending on the value of a particular field, it either goes down "Path 1" or "Path 2" of the workflow. To give a little more context, I'm aware that you can't create custom epics in Jira, so Im basically trying to create 2 workflows in 1 issue type.
Ex. EPIC-123 has a field called "Epic Type" (drop down, single-choice field)
IF EPIC-123, Epic Type = "Type A" THEN Status = "Ready For Review"
IF EPIC-123, Epic Type = "Type B" THEN Status = "To-Do"
Something to that effect. the "Type B" in this scenario is a super simple "To Do, In Progress, Done" that a lot of users don't want modified. But the "Type A" Epic, has a very specific and very different set of steps and validations.
All this being said, I am open to alternative ideas. I went through a lengthy process of creating an additional issue type, setting up notification schemes, workflow post-functions etc. only to then find out, that I can't leverage Parent Link the same way actual Epics do. Also, can't use epic links, colors, etc. So this .sil script is my Plan B.