I'm not sure the best way to handle this, but I think what I want to do is push one set of changes to multiple branches, or duplicate the most recent changes in multiple branches.
I have one project, that has three separate targets, that (currently) only differ in "branding" (icons, splash screens, messages, etc.) and version number. I just made a large set of changes that only affected shared code, so I checked the changes into origin/master. I'd like the same "snapshot" of code to be in each of the brand-specific branches.
- Can I copy the last commit to origin/master to each branded branch?
- Is my only choice to check-out the code and commit to each branded branch?
- Can I do this a better way?
I'd like to do this using SourceTree (Mac), but I can use the Bitbucket web interface, or raw git commands, if necessary.