I am working to clean up our JIRA instance (Server 8.4.2) and have found that at one point before I was given this task that there were multiple sprints created with the same name (over 300)... Doing the whole make it active and add a dummy issue to it to delete would be okay if it was only a handful but the sheer number is too much for manual method.
So while it would be easy to go into the database and just delete them all, I want to make sure that none of them have issues associated to any one of these sprints.
Which is why I am looking for a way via SQL , JQL or even Rest call to see list sprints that have no issues linked to them.
In the database I know that "AO_60DB71_SPRINT" table contains the sprint information and I can see the multiple versions of the same name with different ID numbers. However, I have not seen how this table is linked to what would be considered a issue table where it would link to a sprint ID. If I can get that then I can see that a particular sprint and its ID is not connected to an issue and that would allow it to be deleted with no worries.