I'm about to give up on this but want to try here before I throw in the towel.
I have the following setup:
- Jira Cloud with Portfolio
- One project, multiple teams
- Custom workflow with several Kanban boards covering stages from roadmap to deployment
- Team Kanban boards for the dev/sprint part
- Initiatives (used for roadmap priority segmentation), Epics, Stories, Subtask hierarchy
- We plan on Epic level (currently)
This setup somewhat works with Portfolio (apart from all sorts of Portfolio issues that I won't even go into here). In the source definition of Portfolio I select all relevant Epics per Initiative I want to include in the plan, allowing me to add lower priority epics to 'fill up' capacity.
As I may need to rename Epic to Features soon (currently splitting epics into multiple epics to mimic features, for more detailed planning) I need to make the Initiatives level free to act as Epics. I therefore created two custom fields for epic level issues, one for roadmap priority and one for scope inclusion/exclusion field. Selecting on those fields I should be able to find all Epics with priority 1 AND all other priorities that have been explicitly included. I do NOT want to set priority and scope fields on all involved issues unless it can be done automatically when setting the epic fields.
And now the tricky bit: I need a filter that will select for Portfolio source:
- All epics with priority field set to a specific value or values OR scope field set to included
- All user stories related to the epics identified in step 1 (not any other issuetype)
And a few limitations:
- Any sort of pricey (meaning any cost above zero) plugin is not an option right now
- Using hardcoded issuekeys is not an option
- In the new situation (initatives turned epics, epics turned features and planning on feature level) the adapted filter should still work
Any ideas?