Hi everyone!
I'm attempting to make it possible to compare and merge MySQL WorkBench files in SourceTree, and in order to do so I created a small shell script that extracts the content of the .mwb file and strips some useless counters from the XML.
Then I added this line to .gitconfig in the project's root:
[diff "mwbdiff"]
textconv = mwb-diffand this in the .gitattributes:
*.mwb diff=mwbdiff
Now, if I change something on a .mwb, then git diff on console shows the correct differences, and SourceTree does it, too:
Screen Shot 2015-06-06 at 08.37.05.png
The problem is that if I try to do the same on already committed versions, I get nothing. Same if I try to merge:
Screen Shot 2015-06-06 at 08.39.31.png
I still get the right output if I try to run GIT from the console like this:
git diff develop feature/four -- test.mwb
I also tried to move the .gitattributes and .gitconfig changes into the global variables, and it actually works in the console, but it didn't help SourceTree.
What am I missing? How can I solve this problem?