Hello,
Running Version 3.2.6 of SourceTree connect to a BitBucket Git repository.
When I run a Commit SourceTree crashes (every time) and the program to report the crash comes up.
What can I look for to troubleshoot?
Thanks,
~eric
Hello Eric and welcome to the Community!
Thank you for reporting this issue upon commit. We can confirm this is caused by the lack of a username and email being set within Sourcetree. This issue will be resolved in a future release as well. To set a username and email, please review the following:
I hope this information proves helpful in allowing you to commit.
Regards,Stephen Sifers
I have the exact same problem and I do have the username and E-mail filled out. What could be the other ways to fix this?
I'm running into the exact same problem. I have both my user name and password filled in and it crashes on every commit.
I also had this problem, although my user name and pass were filled in by default. I did the following and it worked for me:
1. I deleted the user name and password from Options, left the fields blank.
2. Made a commit (it crashed).
3. Added the user name and password again.
It now commits without any issues so far.
Hope this is helpful.
Same exact issue and Alin's instructions above worked like a charm.. Thanks for the help!
@mikegoldberg Welcome!
Read the previous responses. You should remove your account and re-add it.
thanks this worked for me as well but what we should add in the option for selecting folder in repository
Worked for me:
- Deleted username and email.
- It crashed.
- Re inserted username and email.
- Now it works
git config --global user.email "PUT.YOUR.GIT@EMAIL.HERE"
git config --global user.name "PUT.YOUR.GIT.USER.HERE"try to commit again. After it when I opened Options the Full name and Email address fields were filled-in properly.
(!) in the command line, you will probably need to change the current folder to one where GIT executable resides.
As an alternative way you can try to edit c:\Users\<YOUR.USER.NAME>\.gitconfig file like below and restart Sourcetree app.[user]name = PUT.YOUR.GIT.USER.HEREemail = PUT.YOUR.GIT@EMAIL.HERE[difftool "sourcetree"]cmd = '' \"$LOCAL\" \"$REMOTE\"[mergetool "sourcetree"]cmd = "'' "trustExitCode = true
What worked for me:
This solved the problem in the end. Thanks!
thank's a lot , this work for me!
I was able to resolve this by simply deleting the Username and Email completely, saving those changes, closing the program and restarting it, then entering the Username and Email manually.
it work thx xd
This solves
Alin's solution worked perfectly for me.
I followed the steps of "Alin Baesu" and it worked for me!!!
I just removed my email and kept my full name. then it worked for me to commit
Hi,
Had the same issue when there is a space in the full name.
Without space it's working fine
SourceTree version 3.2.6.3544
I am seeing this issue with v3.2.6.3544 regardless of the state of the Default user information.
In case of, try without space
I tried that without success.
Hi @Eric Langley delete the user name and password from Options, leave the fields blank
Make a commit, it will crash for sure. Then add the user name and password again then do a commit, it will work fine.
Also make sure that the Authentication tab is set up correctly or the commit can't work at all:
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.