I'm having one build plan with 2 branches: master and dev.
I keep software version in one of the plan variables:
- Variable name: MY_VERSION
- Variable value: 1.0.0
I would like to label every build in master branch with "1.0.0".
In order to achieve it I created another plan variable:
- Variable name: MY_BAMBOO_LABEL
- Variable value: ${bamboo.MY_VERSION}
I managed to achieve it in my job configuration and it works fine:
Job -> Miscellaneous -> Labels -> ${bamboo.MY_BAMBOO_LABEL}
Now, I would like to override this value for every build from dev branch and label it with 1.0.0-SNAPSHOT. In order to achieve it I added a variable to the branch (not to the plan):
- Variable name: MY_BAMBOO_LABEL
- Variable value: ${bamboo.MY_VERSION}-SNAPSHOT
Under the variable I get a little note that:
Overrides plan value: ${bamboo.MY_VERSION}
I was expecting to get only one label on builds on dev branch e.g. 1.0.0-SNAPSHOT however my builds are labeled with 2 labels, both 1.0.0 and 1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.

What am I doing wrong? Is there another way to achieve it?